Monday, January 27, 2014

Spending Time with Family and Friends

In my vacation, I went to Bahia with my Grandma and cousins, to Riviera with my family and friends, and to Aspen with my family. What I really enjoyed was spending time with people I loved. When you are around people you love, everything just becomes different. Different people may have different cultures, but when it comes to spending time with people he/she loves, all of the feeling comes together. I had a wonderful time in Riviera, with the wonderful climate. New Years Eve was amazing, and I believe that this year will be great for all of us. In Aspen, I skied a lot. My greatest moment was when I went heliskiing. Even though I only ski once a year, my knowledge from the previous years still exist. Which is interesting, that teenagers and kids learn and capture knowledge easier than adults. For example, if my Dad was to start snowboarding, he would take longer to learn than I did (I learned in 2 days). I don't know if it is because the teenager brain is not fully developed yet (so it can capture new things easier), but I guess it is somewhat related to it.   

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Renato,
    I do agree that if your dad were to learn how to snowboard at his age, he would have much difficulty. But, this is because when our brains are younger, they are a lot more malleable, and hence, they are able to absorb information much easier. For example, when a sponge is dry, it can absorb a lot more water than a sponge that has already been drenched. An elder person would have a brain that is more developed than a younger person, that is why it took you only 2 days to learn how to snowboard.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Renato,
    There are several ideas here that are worth digging into. To elaborate your ideas more fully you can ask yourself questions about your statements. For example, you seem to be drawing a parallel between the fact that you had a good time on New Year's Eve with the probability of having "a good year." Are these events connected in some way? How certain are you of this connection and how did you gain this certainty? That in itself would make one blog post. In it you could examine the relationship between beliefs and rituals like New Year's Eve celebrations and events that follow, perhaps touching on belief, superstition, and even privilege. Any of the several statements you have made could work as a starter for an examination.

    ReplyDelete